Bad Order Equipment Status Service
The Bad Order Equipment Status Service (BOES) provides a clearinghouse for equipment status information (bad order, gate hold, release) that allows for standardization of data communication formats, simplification of operating system interconnectivity and streamlining of trading partner information for all industry participants as it relates to bad order equipment.
| Benefits of the BOES Service
- Notifies all parties (FO, IEP, MRV) of equipment damage as identified by DVER, DVIR, On-Terminal Damage Event, or IEP notification.
- Routes IEP directions to bad order equipment
- Notifies all parties of repair/release information
- Digitizes DVER information (DVER EDI capability)
- Provides web portal to easily report bad order and/or release equipment
- Generates online reports that track turn time from when equipment was placed on hold to when it is repaired and placed back in good order condition.
BOES Process Flow
See flowchart below to see how the BOES system works.
Click here to download an overview of the BOES application.
Click here to go to the BOES Web Portal
Click here for the BOES Fee Schedule
NEW Roadside Service Reference Guide – Click here